Redstone is one of the fastest growing fintech startups in the country focused on streamlining creation of esoteric alternative asset classes. The fintech disruptor dismantled the MBS ecosystem, streamlining it with a digital platform that employs AI and machine learning tools to eliminate unnecessary steps and redundant time-wasting approval processes. Redstone's growing MBS partner network includes institutional and retail investors, forward flow partners, brokerages and mortgage lenders.
In pursuit of that mission, Redstone is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to join the Operational Risk team in Chicago. The individual will play a critical role under the overall Credit Risk Team. This role will be working directly on credit auditing, credit pricing, credit analysis and provide operational support to the underwriting team. We are looking for a hands-on candidate who takes ownership and seeks new opportunities.
What you’ll do at Redstone:
- Lead the design and implementation of credit audit strategies
- Responsible for deployment of improved credit pricing
- Responsible for auditing underwriting approvals and declinations in compliance with internal and third-party measures like RESPA, ECOA
- Responsible for review and audit asset documentation for adherence to Government, Investor and GSE guidelines
- Review and audit guidelines and conditions on pipeline assets in accordance with internal product programs and federal requirements; work with the underwriting operations team to ensure all conditions are clear
- Individually responsible for issuing a clear-to-close on asset files underwritten
- Quality assurance on categorization of assets and their placement with investors
- Coordinate resolution of any auditing deficiencies with Operations and Management
What you might own at Redstone:
- Projects like portfolio segmentation based on credit risk metrics
- Fraud detection standards across the organization
- Presentations to the Chief Risk Officer
- Monitoring of adherence to strategies
- Investigation into any trends related to underwriting trends including approvals, declinations
- Work with data science to build models based on risk attributes
Why you are a fit at Redstone:
- BA/BS Degree with specialization in Business, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- 2 - 3 years of experience working in operational credit including understanding of underwriting process and metrics
- The ability to lead and grow a team of junior credit analysts
- The ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business objectives
- Excellent overall business judgment and solid management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven skills to manage effectively across cross functional areas in a matrix-organization
We believe talent and drive are worth more than words on a resume, ideas and execution are more important than titles and everyone is an owner. We collaborate with highly-motivated, intelligent people to stay true to our motto - Redstoners are doers.
At Redstone, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.