Credit Analytics Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Credit team works cross-functionally with Data Science, Product, Engineering and Capital Markets to responsibly manage the risk profile of the business. We’re looking for an intelligent, driven individual who wants to learn, grow, and solve hard problems.
The team’s mandate is to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory; thinking through credit policies for new initiatives and products, developing effective risk management strategies and capabilities, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
This role requires extensive use of data analytics to derive insights and develop credit strategies. It also requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. Working with the Data Science and Engineering team to develop new underwriting models and risk management capabilities, with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Merchant Pricing team to value different merchants, with the Finance team to help facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors are some parts of the role.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better data and technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What you'll do
- Partner with Data Science and Engineering on building effective risk analytical capabilities
- Develop robust life-time valuation infrastructure and capabilities
- Leverage advanced data analytics to derive insights and optimize credit strategies
- Assist in new product formation and new market exploration
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance. Drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change banking, payments and online marketing for the better
- 6-8 years work experience as a data analyst (consumer credit risk management strongly preferred)
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms
- Extensive experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them