Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
The Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for developing analysis in collaboration with other members of the credit team. This includes performing detailed QA of the data, developing initial trends and hypothesis, and developing rules and models. This role will work closely with experienced data scientists on model development and come up with new versions of credit, marketing and operations models and rules.
- Perform data extraction, QA and detailed analysis on data.
- Analyze existing strategies and models, and build new models/rules.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments on new initiatives and projects
- Identify insights from data, and develop and present recommendation
- BA/BS degree with specialization in business, finance, or economics, statistics, computer science. (Masters degree preferred).
- 0-2 years experience in a quantitative, data analysis role.
- Good interpersonal, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills - scripting in R or Python, strong SQL and familiarity with Github.
- Strong analytical and data science skills - Various statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Strong desire to learn and apply skills to solve business problems.
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.