Custom Reports Programmer I
Can be 100% remote if you're not within 30 miles of an office. If you are within 30 miles, you're in the office Mondays and Wednesdays (after training is completed).
The programmer will be responsible for using system tools, SQL, and in some cases high level language tools to develop custom solutions for our Payroll and HR system customers. They additionally may be required to interact with clients to gather requirements and will be developing solutions using financial and mathematical concepts.
What you'll do:
- The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interface with customer payroll data using SQL and Reporting programs
- Test calculations, reports, and system configurations; troubleshoot problems
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications
- Partner with internal teams to refine customer requirements or identify alternative solutions
- Set client expectations of dates for different milestones in the process
- Explain rules, interfaces, reports and calculations to customers to ensure that the customization's meet their need
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of SQL
- Prior payroll experience a plus
- Additional criteria for Custom Reports:
- One-year experience with Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services
- Experience modifying SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Experience modifying SQL Server Reporting Services Reports
- Experience programming or reporting for accounting or payroll functions is a plus
- Familiarity with XML or XSLT translation is a plus