Customer Analytics Manager - Zoro at Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
Zoro is looking for a talented leader to influence and execute our customer data and analytics strategy. As the Customer Analytics Manager on Zoro's analytics team, you will partner with various business leaders to develop the frameworks, methodology and processes to set up and supplement new customer information. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed a customer analytics function at a medium to large organization, with a focus on customer data procurement, segmentation, and reporting/analytics strategies. This is an opportunity for someone to come in and build a customer analytics discipline from the ground up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become the Zoro subject matter expert of all things customer.
- Define customer data and analytics roadmap to provide the business with industry-leading customer information.
- Create a customer reporting framework to create visibility of customer performance across segments, verticals, RFM, etc.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to create a customer information management strategy, implementing projects to increase efficiency, accuracy, and usability of internal customer data.
- Investigate and recommend third party data solutions to supplement customer information and define customer data append/merge/unification strategy.
- Partner with business to define a customer segmentation strategy that can be used throughout the organization.
- Data mine Zoro's customer and transactional information to produce actionable insights that drive organizational strategy.
- Create customer data standards that continuously improve data quality.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field required. MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in a medium to large ecommerce, retail, or finance organization.
- 3+ years' experience in a hands-on, customer focused data, analytics, or strategy role.
- Outstanding and proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment.
- Experience with SQL highly preferred; familiarity with a data scripting language a plus (R, Python, Java)
- Proven ability to extract high-impact business insights from customer and transactional data.
- History of creating customer segments and segmentation strategies that allow for more targeted and personalized touchpoints with customers and ultimately move the needle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Experience creating data visualizations in Google Data Studio, Tableau, or a similar tool a plus.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.