Customer Insights and Analytics Associate at OppLoans
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
The Social Impact team is focused on delivering products, services and resources to customers that improve financial outcomes and put customers on a better financial path. An essential pillar of the Social Impact strategy is ensuring customer satisfaction and closing the feedback loop with our customers. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Social Impact, the Customer Insights and Analytics Associate will capture and analyze all feedback along the customer journey and identify areas for improvement with tangible results for our customers.What you get to do:
- Establish the strategy and process for collecting, tracking, and monitoring Net Promoter Score (or other CSAT metrics)
- Map out the customer journey for all products, recognizing important touch points to collect customer feedback and identifying gaps
- Perform analysis of qualitative feedback captured in customer surveys, project surveys, internal surveys, focus groups, and more
- Perform root cause analysis on data to determine if findings are human-, product- or process- related
- Translate data-driven findings into measurable insights and communicate them with business partners
- Create and inform business cases to guide Product/Partnership strategy and fuel decision-making
- Be the point person for any third-party research projects, representing the customer perspective
- Build relationships with all employees (regardless of level and department) and directly with our customers
- Help create concise customer experience policies and procedures
- Work with Product and User Research to plan, design, and test ideas
- Report and communicate findings monthly to an executive audience
- Experience as Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Consumer Insights Analyst or similar role; 1-3 years experience
- Experience and comfort analyzing large datasets and generating reports
- Experience translating data insights into recommendations for the business
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction or social impact
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan as well as rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].