Data Analyst - Healthcare experience needed!
Healthcare Data Analysts at VillageMD are the face to our cutting-edge data enabled products. These products aggregate, process, and make rich datasets available to provide vital insights that allow for informed, contextualized decision-making, driving every aspect of our business. Each day you will be interfacing with various entities including, but not limited to, physicians, site managers, care coordinators, technologists and operations experts. The goal will be to understand data as it pertains to their daily lives to improve outcomes through the enhancement of VillageMD’s data products. We're in a unique position to impact primary care across the continuum from independent, family owned practices to world class health systems.
At VillageMD, we have built our technology by standing on the shoulders of giants in the tech space. We leverage proven open source technologies developed at Airbnb, Amazon, and Facebook. We participate in the open source ecosystem inclusive of the data ontology, OHDSI. As a member of our team, you will perform data analysis, build relationships with various entities across the healthcare industry and find new, innovative ways to drive value for the business and support our growing Technology team.
What are examples of work that Healthcare Data Analysts have done at VillageMD?
- Data Investigation: work with physician practices to identify the critical information needed for VillageMD’s products
- Product: partner with the engineering team to enhance VillageMD’s products and ensure end-users are loving the experience and value
- Readiness assessment: build market launch strategy which would include critical elements such as operational enablement, security validation, and solidified support model(s)
What will make you successful here?
- You are comfortable with traveling to our markets as needed, around 20%
- You thrive in a fast paced, startup environment
- You are passionate about healthcare and data
- You want to build amazing products to shape the healthcare ecosystem
- You understand technology and quickly see how it can solve problems
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo. You seek out opportunities to improve processes or tools then design, advocate and implement improvements
- You value humility and believe in gaining trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year?
- Collaborate with SMEs to deeply understand EHR systems and map the appropriate fields into ODHSI (common data model)
- Use data profiling tools to quickly access the validity of data and information gained from various data sources
- Collaborate with physicians, site managers and/or operations to understand the appropriate information to deliver value
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical and non-statistical techniques and provide ongoing analysis
- Discover meaningful data both internal and external to VillageMD to create new products
- Clean “dirty” data by reviewing reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with development teams to prioritize technical, operational and data needs
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience
- Expert in SQL
- Experience in analysis and implementation of clinical and financial healthcare data
- Experience with stored queries, data modeling, dashboards, and visualization (Tableau preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to convey complex technical details in meaningful business context
- Track record of effective communication across various disciplines
- Experience with noSQL databases (Elastic search, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra, Redis) is a plus
- BS or MS in an analytical discipline: management information systems, engineering, science, finance, economics
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.