We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
The Analytics and Business Intelligence Team is a cross-collaborative team working with nearly all departments in the company. We are a creative, compassionate, and data-driven group of actuaries, analysts, and data scientists. We work together on larger projects, but we also spend time driving our own analyses and working directly with internal stakeholders.
In this role, you’ll leverage our data and evolving tech stack to generate actionable insights and compelling visualizations. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the company to ensure that we’re asking the right questions and answering them with the right data and methodology. You’ll have a meaningful role in defining what the future of dynamic, scalable, and insightful healthcare analytics looks like.What you'll do:
- Design and execute analyses to help clients and internal stakeholders answer impactful healthcare questions with data.
- Develop a mastery of healthcare claims as well as other types of data including demographic data, digital and non-digital engagement data, and operational data.
- Develop best practices for scalable and dynamic analytics.
- Proactively identify data-driven issues and opportunities and execute on collaborative and efficient problem solving.
- Demonstrate a flexible, yet precise, approach to communication adapting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Quantitative analysis experience (which may include an education in a quantitative field or equivalent work experience)
- Proficiency in at least one coding language such as Python, SQL, R, Stata, or other data processing and analytics environment -- plus interest in learning Python
- 1-4 years experience in a complex, fast-paced, quantitative environment with a high bar for attention to detail and quality of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, takes initiative, and eager to own projects
- Strong passion for learning and improving report analyses while changing healthcare
- Above all, you are self-sufficient, intellectually curious and take ownership for everything you do
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, HCSC and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]