Data Analyst at Morningstar
Morningstar's Research Group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets and portfolios. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors' interests is the foundation of our company.
Morningstar Fixed Income Team provides expertise in bonds and derivatives - the data, the analytics, the use cases for target clients. It defines the Fixed Income capability roadmap, develops fixed income methodology, identifies data vendor, produces value-added data, and coordinates across product squads to build new and enhance fixed income functionality.
Fixed Income Data & Analytics Team, working closely with the Fixed Income Data Operations and Data Technology team, as well as many other data teams, develops fixed income data methodologies, fixed income IP and works collaboratively with Morningstar product teams to enhance their fixed income information content and capabilities.
Fixed Income Data & Analytics Team seeks an enthusiastic, results-driven fixed income data analyst. The Data Analyst works with other data analysts, data content researcher, data developers, and product support specialists to ensure distribution of accurate, reliable, and timely data to clients. This individual will assist with data sourcing, data templates, write specifications and assist with model validation. This role is based in our Chicago office.
- Able to analysis data using proprietary data management tools and SQL query language
- Perform regular audits to ensure data integrity and quality
- Identify and resolve production related errors
- Write methodology paper and spec for fixed income development team
- Investigate data content questions and handle escalated data content questions from product support team
- Escalate analytic and data processing issues to the fixed income development team
- Understand how clients use Morningstar fixed income data and analytics
- A bachelors degree, with an exceptional academic record in economics, mathematics, finance or a related field
- A minimum of two years of work experience
- Basic knowledge of fixed income data
- Basic knowledge of data warehousing
- Knowledge of SQL query language
- Experience working with relational databases (Microsoft SQL server, RedShift)
- Detail-oriented self-starter with proven ability to handle multiple projects in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytic skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Great communication skills
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity