Data Analyst at Flexport
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll conduct analyses that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade.You will:
- Flexport is a company that runs on data - you'll be transforming data into action by working cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport
- Meet with business stakeholders, understand business requirements, and use your analytic mindset to implement solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards. Our mantra is to make sure everyone is working smarter rather than just harder
- Provide reports, analyses, and data-driven insights on key sales drivers, progress to plan, and results to key stakeholders.
- Develop LookML in our reporting system via the Looker Developer user interface
- Write SQL tests for LookML to ensure the quality of our reporting system.
- Maintain or update small SQL pipelines written in DBT
- Implement metric calculations with an eye towards accuracy and maintainability
- Write high quality metric and report documentation that enhances trust and transparency in the company’s reporting system
- Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Engineering, or another quantitative discipline
- 1+ years of experience using SQL in a professional environment
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another
- Ideally experience working within JIRA, Looker, Snowflake, and DBT
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.