We are looking for a talented, passionate analytics professional with the skill and desire to contribute to our team. In addition to expanding our analytics capabilities, the person in this role will also take an active role in teaching others about data analysis. In simplest terms, you'll be working to bridge the gap between raw data and analysis ... and teaching others how to do the same.
If you have experience working to extract knowledge and actionable information from multiple data sources, then we would love to talk to you. If you are the type of person who comes to work every day expecting to learn, contribute, teach, and have fun, then we think you will fit right in.
About our Team
We aim to derive meaning from our data, enabling us to run our business better, and also equip our clients to do the same. We believe in agile software development (lowercase 'a') and use elements from Scrum and Lean as a base for how we manage our work. 'Inspect & Adapt' is more than just a catchphrase to us. We pair regularly as-needed, but not as a rule. We are willing to have every problem under the sun exactly once, in exchange for never having the same problem twice.
These are the things that you can expect to do as a part of our team as a Data Analyst
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire, combine, and cleanse data from multiple data sources
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets
- Create and review reports, dashboards, and performance indicators to locate and identify data hygiene issues
- Rapidly design, prototype and iterate on creative data visualization concepts
- Conduct analysis and create documentation of existing business and data work flow processes
- Locate and define process improvement opportunities for how we analyze the data we have at our disposal and for how we make that actionable for our users
- Perform business and systems analysis for complex analytics initiatives
- Track effort on analytics projects and provide visibility into the analytics team’s velocity
- Apply knowledge and experience of agile methodologies, practices and techniques
These are the things we are looking for in candidates for this position
- At least 2 years experience working in an analytics or business intelligence capacity
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of SQL
- General understanding of data modeling, database design development principles, data mining, ETL processes, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, BI reporting packages (Tableau, SSIS, Business Objects, Domo etc)
- Exposure to statistical packages for analysing large datasets (R, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; you should be able to present your findings across different audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS/CIS, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science preferred, but not required) or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced, ever changing development environment; must be flexible and willing to re-prioritize as needed
Since 2001, Brad’s Deals has been giving shoppers the upper hand by making it quick and easy to find the best deals. We meticulously compare prices, vet merchants, and improve our web and mobile platforms, so users get an awesome experience every time. Partnering with over 2,500 top retailers including Target and Amazon, we’re able to reach more than 50 million consumers a year.
An entrepreneurial spirit guides everything we do, making it possible for each employee to make a big impact here--one reason why we’ve been named among Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Last year, Brad’s Deals also received Workforce Magazine’s Optimas Silver Award for our Women’s Tech Accelerator, which opens our office and resources to women-run businesses. Long story short: we think of a career here as a mutual investment. We're an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at work. Pay is competitive and full benefits are provided, including health, 401k, FSA, and a transportation pre-tax benefit. Learn more about perks here. We are conveniently located in Chicago's River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations.