Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
- BizOps is the intersection of Business, Product, and Operations. This cross-functional, highly-visible role, will be the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Credit, Marketing, Technology, etc.
- Perform data-backed analyses and operational research on key levers that impact the business.
- Develop real-time reporting for analyzing KPIs. Obsess over these KPIs.
- Provide data-oriented strategic recommendations that optimize the conversion funnel and increase customer engagement.
- Strategize, develop, and implement revenue-generating and cost-saving initiatives that grow and scale the business.
- Be the subject matter expert on Data/Analytics, and stay abreast of key trends and industry insights.
- Mentor junior team members and build out BizOps team.
- Source and diligence new/innovative technology vendors that expand our Analytics toolkit.
- Pre-MBA with 1-4 years of TOTAL work experience with the majority in a data analytics capacity. Past experience in a high-growth startup is a plus.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Must have experience both in deep analytics as well as implementing strategic recommendations based on those analyses – “Data + Action.”
- SQL expertise is required. R/Python proficiency is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Periscope, Tableau, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings to key stakeholders.
- Expert in MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and get things done.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems, and create rigorous solution methodologies.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities.
- Resourceful, tactful, and motivational influencer who collaborates actively to get things done
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university (Engineering, Economics, Math, Business, or related fields preferred)
- Must already be authorized to work in the USA.
- No relocation assistance provided, local Chicago applicants preferred.
- Subsidized daily lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free health insurance (base plan)
- Free gym membership
- 401(k) with OppLoans match
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- CTA, Metra, and Divvy benefit program
- Frequent office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, sports leagues, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.)
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Opportunity to attend conferences and courses to keep your mind sharp
- Equal opportunity employer