While having massive data lakes is usually a good thing, too much data causes noise. This role will transform ugly unusable data to critical “information” which generates insights based upon patterns not well understood. You will operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic platforms across TransUnion. This foundational platform is responsible for associating disparate data from multiple sources using the latest algorithm; linking and matching techniques within TransUnion represent significant intellectual property.
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Provide advanced training with exposure to latest technology.
- Core technologies required: Java or other advanced programming language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- One-two years of hands-on experience in a software development profession; prior development internships or significant personal software development nerdery counts
- Strong desire to learn, adapt and extend skills under mentorship / self-directed learning
- SQL / relational data strategy / data structures is a plus
- ETL Tools is a plus
- Linux basics are a must / Linux shell scripting is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Impact you’ll make:
- After starting, you will train using Ab Initio an advanced Extract Transform Load tool; Ab Initio uses a Graphical Development Environment for designing complex transformations need for cleansing/integration operations.
- Design, develop, execute tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations.
- Function as a core team member within one of our Agile teams; you will perform deep analysis of data patterns driving impact analysis of our linking and matching service.
- Collaborate with product owners and team members on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges.
- Assist in technology innovation activities such as research, evaluations, and prototyping.
- Train, coach and support users on environment, tools, data and services.
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.