Data Analyst at Uptake
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do
Data Analysts within Uptakes Customer Success team are critical to the delivery of insight-based products and services to customers. Data Analysts apply their technical and analytical skills to visualize and normalize data in preparation for ingestion into the Uptake platform. This role also requires application of domain knowledge and deep understanding of the data to support pre-sales, data assessments, and other internal Uptake teams.
Data Analysts within Uptake are able to work independently, and shift assignments and teams based on the needs of the business. Analysts usually possess a strong educational background in engineering or technology, which allows them to be nimble with the ever-changing environment of a start-up.
Occasional travel may be required.
- Perform technical discovery of customer data and systems to understand type and source of customer data, and research any technical requirements for data ingestion into Uptake platform or other tools
- Perform data normalization, including use of Uptake data science models when needed, and develop data visualization applications
- Act as internal subject matter expert for customer data: gather and document data model for customer data, develop mapping of customer data relevant to data visualization needs, gather technical information to support ingestion
- Collaborate with internal teams as required to help develop effective data solutions by understanding customer requirements and team needs
- Assist pre-sales and assessment teams by performing exploratory data analysis on sample data during pre-assessment and assessment phases
- Develop deep understanding of the Uptake Asset Strategy Library (ASL) and assist in mapping sample customer data to the ASL
- Analyze customer data to identify data quality issues and provide mitigation strategies to ensure integrity of downstream processes
- Minimum 3 years experience in roles requiring analysis of industrial data (equipment reliability data, sensor or process data, etc.) demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Engineering Management).
- Strong communication skills particularly in using data to illustrate and support conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly-organized individual with great attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Familiarity with Postgres and SQL databases; understanding of database concepts, data modelling techniques and implications of different database designs
- Programmatic data analysis
- Familiarity with R and Python
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Understanding of machine learning techniques
- Understanding of various data ingestion techniques: publish/subscribe mechanism, broker-client relationship, Kafka, APIs
- Understanding of characteristics of various industrial data types: machine data, ERP, network data, CMMS systems (Maximo, SAP, etc.)
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.