At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Data Analyst will design, develop and validate reports and metrics to measure business performance across Operations for management purposes.
The Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing operational data to identify performance gaps and unfavorable trends. This role will also help to improve the client experience and operational capability by presenting recommendations for process improvement projects.
Primary Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and develop reports and databases utilized throughout Operations
- Build requested reports within various systems or with data from system extracts to provide to Operations leadership for analysis
- Support project teams with data collection requests and changes to existing reports and dashboards.
- Improve the accuracy and effectiveness of management scorecards and dashboards.
- Increase the usage practices around objective performance data in day to day management activities
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience in a help desk/technical support department a plus
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Excel, specifically being able to import data and use pivot tables
- Understanding of report writing required
- Experience working with SQL or other relational databases
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred
At Paylocity, our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.