Data Analyst Job Details
NCSA (Next College Student Athlete) transforms the lives of high school athletes and we need an amazing Data Analyst to provide insights and advance our reporting.
You will be working across an organization of former athletes, coaches and other people passionate about helping student athletes make the right college choice. In this role your will show leaders across all areas of the business what actionable data really is and help them drive out the right insights.
We are poised to take a big step in how we use data, both internally and within external products, you can build that practice and lead us to the next level.
If you love making data dance and helping the right decision come to light, we are looking for you to evangelize and grow our data practice.
What you will be doing:
· You will evaluate and define metrics, performing exploratory analysis
· You will work directly with a talented group of scientists, analysts, engineers and leaders
· You will be engaged with all levels of a team that is dedicated to empowering athletes and coaches
· You will help define the data and tools that move an exciting company forward
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics)
· 3+ years of experience in Data Analysis
· Expert ability in SQL, Microsoft Excel and statistical analysis tools
· Knowledge of statistical analysis, data/text mining, modeling or predictive analytics
· Solid understanding of relational, NoSQL and columnar databases
· Experience with AWS Cloud Services: Redshift, EC2, EMR, RDS, etc.
· Experience with Tableau
· Experience with a scripting or programming language (R, Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
· Un-afraid to manage up or sideways
· A team-player, always looking to make things better and easier for a co-worker
Benefits & Perks
- Stay Healthy: Enroll in comprehensive benefits & insurance plans with no waiting period
- Be Well: Expense up to $65 per month for health & wellness
- Maximize Savings: Contribute to your 401k retirement savings with company matching
- Be Comfortable: Enjoy a relaxed casual dress code
- Give Back: Receive paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Take Time: Enjoy paid parental leave to bond with & care for a newborn or newly adopted child
- Stay Connected: Expense up to $350 towards the purchase of a laptop, tablet or computer
ABOUT NEXT COLLEGE STUDENT ATHLETE (NCSA)
NCSA is the world's largest and most successful collegiate athletic recruiting network. A wholly owned subsidiary of Reigning Champs LLC (www.reigningchamps.com), NCSA's 700 teammates leverage exclusive data, proprietary matching algorithms and personal relationships built over nearly two decades as the industry leader to connect tens of thousands of college-bound student-athletes to more than 35,000 college coaches nationwide across 34 sports every year. You can learn more about NCSA at www.ncsasports.org.
National Collegiate Scouting Association, LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.