Desired start date: August or September 2019
What you’ll be doing:
The Data Services team effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is high-energy, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Support the data needs of Strategy, Product, Compliance, Operations and Analytics teams
- Design and maintain multi-layered SQL and Python processes
- Develop and implement complex Extract Transform Load (ETL) and/or Extract Load Transform (ELT) processes
- Develop data warehouses as needed to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Act diligently to respond to urgent projects and tasks
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in existing databases and reporting
- Collaborate with peers, leadership and the business
- Work as a “full stack” Data Analyst contributing to each phase of the SDLC
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by management to support the operation of the business
- Serve the Business Owners to develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and scorecards that track key customer, loan, and business metrics using Enterprise BI tools.
What you should have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
- 1-3 years of previous experience as a SQL Developer or Data Analyst
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and data analysis
- Have conducted validation of existing reporting and new solutions
- A self-motivated approach, to gain information and understanding, willing to ask questions and build networks/relationships with other departments
- The ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- A history of validated requirements gathering and long- term solution development experience
- Worked effectively in short-cycle, team oriented environment, leading multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
- Experience with Microstrategy or other BI tool preferred but not required
- Experience working in the Financial and Small Business Lending Industry preferred but not required
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.