DATA ANALYTICS & COGNITIVE TECHNOLOGY LEAD at Caterpillar
At Caterpillar, we build more than machines – our ideas and solutions can transform our customers' businesses and lives, our communities and our world. If you’re ready for leadership opportunities, meaningful responsibilities and the autonomy to pursue your passion, come join the Caterpillar team.
Caterpillar’s Global Finance organization is leveraging disruptive technologies and quantitative methods to solve business opportunities, drive competitive advantages, and enhance business insight capabilities. As the Data Analytics & Cognitive Technology Lead, you will lead diverse project teams, comprised of various internal business units, data scientists, external partners, and subject matter experts to solve problems of medium to high complexity.
Most of these projects will be of significant complexity and will often involve efforts across many functional areas within business units and potentially across multiple divisions. The primary responsibility of this position will be to deploy machine learning forecasting capabilities across the enterprise and lead future development.
Caterpillar’s Global Finance organization is focused on increasing analytics-based insights while decreasing transactional efforts. As the Data Analytics & Cognitive Technology Lead, you will play a strategic role, tasked with formulating new and creative ideas for leveraging disruptive technologies. This role includes both day-to-day initiatives and strategic vision development.
- Own the deployment process for advanced analytics forecasting solution
- Lead the development of roadmap
- Serve as a Project Management Office (PMO) throughout the lifecycle of each project
- Establish strong governance and principles for effective project management
- Supervise the development of the forecasting platform – closely collaborate with Caterpillar’s internal IT and Digital organizations to ensure alignment
- Support Sr. Data Scientist with all aspects of the solutions, including data ingestion, preparation, visualization interface, and governance
- Manage intake of forecasting requests – responsible and accountable for fulfilling prioritized forecasting requests
- Act as the primary contact for the various stakeholders, external partners, and internal customers for each project
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status for each project
- Define use cases and design deliverables for new initiatives
- Support feasibility analysis on new initiatives
- Long term: manage 3-4 projects concurrently
- Proven innovative mindset, intellectual curiosity, courage, and emotional intelligence
- Cross-functional team player with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Motivation to continuously learn and expand skillset on new technologies
- Comfort in visualizing and presenting data to executives and other stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated in-depth technical capabilities and finance knowledge
- High-level understanding of major machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages and drawbacks
- Requires a Bachelors Degree, preferably in accounting, finance, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or a similar field with quantitative coursework
- Requires 6-8 years of professional, relevant work experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Project management skills, strong accounting knowledge, business acumen and FP&A experience
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma, CPS, Lean Innovation techniques and disruptive technologies
- Knowledge of Caterpillar, its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.