Data & Analytics Consultant at Slalom
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Data & Analytics at Slalom
The Data & Analytics team at Slalom is a full-service data practice with competencies across data strategy, modern data architecture, data visualization, and data science. We are seeking a Data & Analytics consultant to join our Chicago team who is passionate about developing innovative solutions to help organizations drive strategic business outcomes and enable data-driven insights.
As a Data & Analytics Consultant, you'll work on projects across data domains including data modeling and warehousing, data integration, data quality, and data governance. These projects will primary involve cloud or hybrid cloud solutions. In this role, you’ll leverage modern data tools including cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP/Snowflake) and integration technologies (Informatica/Alteryx/Cloud integrations). In addition to building the next generation of data and analytics platforms, you'll be working with some of the most forward-thinking organizations in data and analytics. Slalom is proud to be a Premier AWS Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, Snowflake Partner of the Year, and Google Premier Partner.
Job Title: Data & Analytics Consultant
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to define industry-leading analytics solutions for a wide variety of industries and business groups.
- Architect, design, implement end-to-end BI solutions and supporting architecture.
- Research and evaluate potential technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Bring thought leadership and ensure best practices and standards of DW/BI solutions.
- Conduct and lead white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations.
- Integrate user requirements into the solution to ensure a high degree of business value.
- Create clear functional and technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field, or foreign degree equivalent.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate experience in business intelligence and designing, developing, testing and implementing data warehouses.
- 5+ years of experience with more than 1 data Integration tool such as Informatica, SSIS, Cloud based tooling.
- 5+ years of experience with more than 1 database system such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, DB2.
- 3+ years of experience with more than 1 data visualization tool such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, Power BI.
- Understanding of Data Modeling concepts (Dimensional and Normalization), knowledge of OLAP structures, SQL Performance Tuning
- Experience and working knowledge in programming languages i.e. Python, Java etc.
- Understand different types of storage (Relational, MPP, NoSQL) and working with different kinds of data (structured, unstructured, metrics, logs, etc.)
- Experience with setting up and operating ETL/ELT pipelines
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Prior experience in consulting
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.