Data Analytics Engineer
Cappex's mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
The Role: Data Analytics Engineer
The Data Analytics Engineer is an important part of Cappex's Technology team. We have an important mission and need a curious thinker who will continually advance our market insights as well as help build our data and analytics functions. You will work closely with stakeholders across the entire organization to gather requirements, determine priorities, and develop solutions in our data warehouse environment. You will also build Internal and client facing dashboards and processes to help equip them with the latest business and market intelligence. All the while you will be in close communication and collaborate with departments across the organization to answer questions, analyze, and make smarter decisions.
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience within web analytics or data warehouse environment/ETL
- Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts and data-driven findings to business stakeholders, and to explain processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources
- At least 2-3 years experience with SQL or similar language
- Experience with database architecture
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve complex issues
- Statistical Mindset - ability to read data, present findings and think outside the box
- Project and time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle or similar - Planning, Defining, Designing, Building, Testing, Deployment
- Identify trends, get to root cause, and drive second-order insights from web analytics reports and data.
- Desire to learn and move rapidly - using new tools, exploring machine learning
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio
- Familiarity with website traffic analytics
- Experience with a BI tool such as Sisense, PowerBI, etc.
- Prior experience managing analytics for a highly-trafficked website
Please include resume and cover letter. All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Equal Opportunity Employer