Data & Analytics Manager at Aptitive
Aptitive is a Chicago-based data & analytics consulting firm that helps companies uncover the power of their data. As an Aptitive Consulting Manager, you’ll work closely with our clients, technology partners, and team to develop tech-forward solutions for our client’s unique business challenges. Typical projects focus on areas such as:
- Data Strategy
- Data Modernization & Warehousing
- Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Application & Data Integration
- Data Science & Machine Learning
At Aptitive, you’ll have the freedom to use your technical background and creative problem solving skills to make a direct impact on our clients. Exceptional client work is rewarded with fast-paced growth opportunities. Our bi-annual review process and mentorship program ensures that top performing consultants are recognized and promoted. We also offer a generous training stipend to further support our employee’s growth.
Local projects and flexible schedules are just small indications of our commitment to work-life balance. Aptitive offers unique benefits, like our helping hand program and unlimited PTO, to help you do what you love.
What You’ll Do
- Provide data and analytics solutions to local clients throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Learn and work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Gain knowledge about industries such as; healthcare, retail, insurance, manufacturing, etc.
- Lead teams to design and architect robust data and analytical solutions for our clients.
- Work directly with clients to understand and document their business needs and technology requirements.
- Design, code and test data-centric solutions for clients.
- Be involved from the beginning to the end of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Mentor and help grow the careers of others.
- Assist in the sales process and help develop new business.
- Contribute significantly to the growth of Aptitive and our clients.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You’re curious and love to explore new technologies
- You have strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- You’re an effective communicator that’s comfortable presenting to executive clients
- You have the ability to think independently while working in a collaborative environment
- You have a passion for personal growth and continuous learning
- You can quickly adapt to new situations and are comfortable being uncomfortable
- You have architected and implemented data solutions
- You’re excited to share knowledge and expertise with other Aptitive software innovators and architects
- You have lead and managed teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7+ years of experience providing data solutions in a client/customer facing role
- Diverse technology background
- Willingness and desire to learn new and unfamiliar technologies
- Polished written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading a team and guiding junior developers
- Designed ETL and/or analytical architectures
- Actively participate in business development initiatives
- Experience managing across the entire SDLC, including scop, scheduling, and budgeting
- Ability to bridge the gap between a technical team and business stakeholders
- Have experience in the design of data vault and/or dimensional models
- Ability to estimate and plan complex projects
- Can be productive independently and in a team environment
- Experience mentoring and developing junior employees
- Well networked in Chicago and the surrounding area
- Willing to commute to client sites within the Chicagoland area
- Fun and enjoyable to work with
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Earned a Masters Degree in a related field
- Proven ability to develop a technical solution for a business problem
- Ability to lead internal initiatives in addition to client work
- Understand and have successfully implemented cloud architectures
- Have designed/built data models (dimensional, data vault, third normal form, etc.)
- Database and SQL development
- Dashboard and report development
- Cloud ETL orchestration and development
- Custom application development using object oriented techniques
- Knowledge of AWS and/or Azure technologies, architecture, and PaaS design patterns
- Have written complex SQL statements to transform data from its raw format into a new data model format
- Can identify discrepancies in data and raise concerns/findings