Data & Analytics Platform Product Manager at West Monroe Partners
Data & Analytics Platform Product Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up for the challenge?
The Data & Analytics Product Manager within the Data & Analytics team will be responsible for the strategic and operational aspects of the Visibi lity product portfolio. This individual will be the primary point of contact for incoming feature requests regarding the data and analytics platform, as well as a visionary for the future of the platform and the clients it serves within the organization. This includes the product line for Microsoft SQL Server, Dell Boomi, and custom-built front-end visualizations.
Our Product Manager must have a passion for both the business and technical aspects of an analytics environment (as well as the application integration landscape) and how it gets delivered to the business, and he/she must be able to communicate effectively to both sides. Working in close collaboration with the business stakeholders, the analytics team, and the rest of Internal IT is critical to the success of the role. The goal is to increase the visibility and reach of analytics throughout the firm, as well as to actively manage release plans and overall prioritization expectations with end users. We are looki ng for a hands-on product owner and a visionary product manager with strong attention to detail and a track record of managing solutions from concept through production and post-implementation.
* Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with end users to understand their needs and feature requests
* Develop and maintain the data & analytics roadmap
* Develop and maintain release plans and communications around targeted deployments
* Work in an agile environment to ensure clear communication of priorities, timelines, and potential trade-offs
* Collaborate closely with end users and technology teams to ensure the best possible end-user experience, ensuring a consistent integration and user experience between different elements of the analytics platform,
* Influencing the IT and application architecture, ensuring solutions bring benefits to the end users,
* Ensuring solutions are prepared for operational deployment (especially robustness, reliability and scalability),
* Contributing to analytics product definition and continuous product improvement.
* Accountable for the entire product lifecycle, from planning through development, launch, and retirement phases. Mentorship in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and responsibility for communication and alignment of roadmaps at a senior level
* Work with other functional groups within West Monroe Partners to develop the strategies and guidelines for analytics holistically and feature implementation to meet the current and future needs of the business.
* Partner with Data & Analytics lead to be the main advocates for the entire suite of analytics products and application integration components, and promote their capabilities to provide business solutions throughout West Monroe Partners
* Provide regular communications company-wide on upcoming integration and analytics features, changes and usage tips
* Provide expert guidance to management, ensuring the data solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy
* Facilitate communications and interactions between functional groups, team members, strategic partners and vendors.
* Ensure overall data & analytics program effectiveness objectives are being meet, and proactively look for opportunities to adjust program practices to ensure program assets (people, tools, etc.) are optimized.
* Help to maintain, adjust, and drive product strategy based on business objectives, competitive landscape, and resource constraints.
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap.
* Work cross-functionally to drive the prioritization and delivery processes and the strategic communications around the roadmaps.
* Collaborating with the Marketing & Corporate Communications team to define the go-to-live approach, prioritize activities, and ensure product positioning properly reflects the features and benefits of the solution to the target customers
* Lead through process excellence and demonstrate effective project management skills for complex projects as well as anticipate likely risks and implement mitigation plans
* Create and Manage the backlog, often working through competing priorities
* Manage and facilitate and create business requirements / user stories, organize and facilitate prototype reviews and UAT, and support training delivery
* Set clear goals and envision / execute on the system roadmaps for WMP Visibility Portfolio
* Work with IT / vendors to estimate, implement, and build the right features / enhancements / break fixes & thoughtful, end-to-end solutions are a must
* Work with the leadership team to proactively suggest, define, launch, and drive organizational and operational initiatives.
* Participate in an agile environment with the rest of the team to ensure clarity of priorities and able to voice feedback from the team, as well as opportunities to clear any team roadblocks
* Develop and execute communications and messaging (including operational reports, issue analysis reports, and presentations) to educate and influence key stakeholders
* A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great cross team collaboration
* A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
* Desire to learn - Learning and improving your craft is important for all of us, if you're constantly learning you're in a better position to create new applications for our employees
* Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills
* A track record of successful project delivery and extensive (8+ years) product management experience, ideally in a corporate environment
* Experience working with SaaS products and services
* Experience and participation in product management, Scrum and Agile ceremonies and activities
* Overall knowledge of the latest trends in the corporate Information Technology domain (Cloud, Application as a Service, etc.)
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.