Data and Analytics Staff Consultant
As an Analytics8 professional, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a variety of companies, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses. Each project and client is different, giving you the chance to advance your career as you learn about new industries, businesses, and technologies.
We are looking for people who are creative thinkers, problem solvers, and have excellent communication skills to translate between business terminology and IT logic.
A Staff Consultant primary task is to contribute as a team member on consulting projects. A Staff Consultant will be proficient with BI and DWH methodologies and have deep technical skills in one or more area. A Staff Consultant should continue to build technical skills with a focus on broadening awareness of technical and business solutions.
- Strong knowledge of BI/DW development methodologies, dimensional modeling, standards and procedures
- Intermediate level SQL experience
- Significant Experience in one or more of the following toolsets: Data Integration Tools (ETL), Business Intelligence Products, and Data Visualization Tools
- Design and implement effective test cases
- Develop complex business logic using advanced tools to transform and cleanse data
- Create industry standard technical artifacts for project delivery
- Experience with an industry data modeling tool Industry Relevant Certification(s)
- Basic understanding of network and system architecture
- Contribute to high quality project documentation and other project artifacts
- Scrutinize functional requirements, specifications and source to target mapping documents, identifying underspecified requirements and other design challenges
- Manage own time with regards to project scope and timeline
- Ability to provide training and knowledge transfer to clients
- Demonstrated ability to present work in a professional manner
- Identify future project risks or opportunities for growth
- Awareness and ability to navigate customer politics
- Strong business acumen and clear business focus Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Author high quality project documentation and other project artifacts, including written case studies detailing use cases and project specifics