We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Collective Health is seeking a Data Architect who will define and implement a groundbreaking architecture and data strategy in our journey using data to transform healthcare transparency, cost and health outcomes.What you'll do:
- Lead data strategy and company-wide data architecture in order to meet company, partner, and customer information needs
- Gain an understanding of our current data architecture, sources and tooling and then, with our data platform team, define the target data architecture and strategy to build on our business objectives. Drives a solid vision to resolve the existing data disparity.
- Work across data platform and data engineering teams to ensure that our data infrastructure and tooling best meets our overall data strategy
- Facilitate the design and development of high-quality, data resource driven decisions by the current and future operational and analytical business information needs
- Establish processes and governance around data design, consumption and protection
- Responsible for defining and working across functional and platform teams to deliver a standardized data architecture, pipeline and data products to support our internal and external data analytics, reporting and data availability needs
- Be the Technical Product Owner in partnership with our Business Product Owners to define the technical strategy for our data driven products and applications.
- Work with our product and data science organizations to develop business requirements into architecture and integrate into our longer term platform strategy
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space
- Lead and mentor other team members
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Facilitate communication with teams throughout the organization
- Introduce standard methodologies and principles around data design and governance to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with strategic direction
- Collaborate with data engineering to use our data platform and tooling to meet the business’s operational, insights and analytics needs
- Enables data usability, availability, and efficiency
- Deep understanding of data modeling that facilitates both operational insights and reporting as well as enabling sophisticated AI/ML models, to develop data-driven recommendations
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science or related degree
- 10+ years of experience architecting, designing and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of Big Data and Relational database platforms
- Proven experience leading teams resulting in the successful deployment of applications built on data platforms
- Experience using various ML models to drive recommendation engines, particularly in healthcare, is a plus
- Experience driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences
- Experience as the technical lead or data architect, organizing and mentoring junior and intermediate level developers, data engineers or architects
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, HCSC and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]