Data Architect at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
The primary objective of our Data Architect is to participate in the design, development and maintenance efforts of CCC’s applications. This individual leverages their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Data Architect is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, ie. program module, and at the system level, ie. integrated applications. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
- Provide technical leadership in enterprise and application solution to enable scalable, cost effective and business relevant solutions. This includes leading decisions on architecture, design patterns, technologies used, and automated test-driven development implementations
- Provide technical mentoring and foster technical team growth. This includes activities from mentoring on design patterns, technologies and data engineering practices.
- Leading team code reviews and facilitating cross team development standards so software engineers can easily move across teams is required.
- Provide mentorship to make the team self-sufficient on scrum processes such as story estimating and tasking out stories with the most effective technical approach. This includes building various end-to-end data processes: locating needed source data, creating data extraction processes, data profiling, creating tables and files for storing data, defining and building data cleansing and imputation routines, mapping multiple sources to a common format, transforming data using programming and business rule frameworks, and testing of data.
- Provide production support management: Coordinate production deployment tasks across the data engineering team and with other analytics teams including code promotion and documentation and assist the team with troubleshooting production processes when errors or failures occur.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- High-level performance management, communication and coaching skills
- Capability to leverage analytics, engineering & data warehousing concepts, and agile processes in implementations
- Experience with relational database platforms (Oracle, etc.), ETL tools (Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, etc.), and cloud hosting (AWS)
- Hands-on skills to evaluate if the code and output from an engineer’s story should be accepted and meets coding and quality standards
- Experience building complex data pipelines that integrates many data sources into a single view with common names, complex transformations, and robust data cleansing and quality enhancements processes.
- Proficient in scrum methodology with product owners with experience in technical story writing
- Experience building programs in a language such as Perl, Java, Python (preferred), Scala, etc. to automate functions and build custom functions.
- Experience creating testing approaches and how to design a test plan to validate codes or applications
- Experience using or providing useful data to dashboard and reporting tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.) preferred