Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Data Architecture Sr. Manager is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Lead the creation of business architecture models, conceptual and logical data models, data flow diagrams, enterprise data standards, adoption strategies, and data remediation recommendations for key financial applications
- Work with development teams to create processes that ensure production of high quality data that is ready to be shared across key applications
- Work closely with key technology and business SMEs to develop an in-depth understanding of their critical data needs and business impact of existing data quality and data integrity
- Recognize the patterns of data needs across multiple business requirements and determine how to address these requirements using an effective and efficient business data architecture
- Establish a governance process to oversee implementation activities and ensure ongoing alignment to the defined architecture.
- Support Managers with status reports and presentation content. Guide data analysis and reporting processes that include collection from multiple sources, validation of data and assembly and presentation of required data.
- Review and validate information categories and data attributes with discipline owners to ensure completeness and define overall data architecture.
- Maintain data architecture and its ongoing alignment with Discover Data Standards.
- Identify variance / gaps in the current data and the approach to achieve alignment.
- Define a data alignment plan in cooperation with technology partners.
- Manage the implementation of the data alignment plan and overall migration to the target state architecture.
- Define and operate data architecture governance process that oversees data architecture.
- Prioritizing data convergence activities and overseeing the completion of alignment activities.
- Review proposed changes or additions to the defined data architecture.
- Soft skills required to work with an executive team: high level communication skills, influence management, and good presentation ability
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of managing tactical delivery teams
- 3+ years Banking or Financial Services Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in analyzing and defining data structures and architecture
- 5+ years of data analysis and data modeling
- 5+ years of process modeling
- 2+ years of IT project governance
- 2+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing
- 1+ years of experience with supervised machine learning
- Demonstrated influencing, facilitation and partnering skills
- Ability to lead projects with multiple counterparts across organizations
- Track record of interfacing with and presenting results to senior management
- Analytical, flexible, team-oriented and have good interpersonal/communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
- Master/PhD STEM
- 4+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- 4+ years of experience with Cloud computing
- 2+ years of experience with supervised machine learning
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.