Data Business Analyst at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As a Data Business Analyst at Echo Global Logistics, you will work as part of our Data and Business Intelligence platform team helping to translate data/information requirements into technical designs, discover how data can be used to provide actionable business insights to solve problems, identify trends and patterns that will result in performance improvement and added value to the business.
- Independently work with the business stakeholders to properly derive business solution data requirements
- Perform business requirement analysis and translate in to technical design requirements
- Proactively look into pattern and trends in the data to derive business value
- Create test plan, use case, build test data sets, execute data test, report results and create action plan to resolve data anomalies
- Work with Product Owner(s), Engineer(s) daily, map business process, data flows and identify their data needs
- Identify truth origin of data, provide guidance for advanced BI solutions
- Mine and clean data from primary and secondary sources then analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
- Partner with Sr. Data Steward, Product Owners and Data Engineers to inventory data assets, create and maintain data catalog (dictionary, glossary and lineage)
- Research and create data migration plan when necessary for legacy retirement
- Knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, DDL, DML
- SSMS, Workbench
- SSRS (SQL Service Reporting Services)
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of database systems including architecture, management, planning and support and engineering.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts (bias, variance, mean, median, and percentiles)
Bachelor's Level Degree
5+ Years of experience
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.