Data Coder - PLU Codes
Data Business Analyst
SPINS is seeking a world class Data Coder to join our Data team.
Who We Are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What You Will Do
SPINS is searching for a Data Coder to drive the growth for our growing portfolio of Retail Measurement and Natural Industry data solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of product management functional expertise along with strong data management knowledge. The role requires a go-getter personality, capable of working closely with customers, technology and sales.
- Research and audit product information on products using data provided by SPINS partners, and other sources
- Work with Production team to source information feeds about products, if insufficient information is available
- Classify partner item feeds into the corresponding SPINS hierarchy
- Modify product database with new information
- Contribute to new content initiatives and perform other ad-hoc assignments as required by management
- Generate status reports on assigned tasks and projects
What You Bring
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, College Degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience with Grocery Retail data
- Work experience with Price Lookup Codes (PLU) is required
- 2 years’ Experience in Data Management
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
Candidate Attributes, Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent analytical, planning, project management and/or process development skills
- Good communicator (written & oral) and teamwork skills
- High level of initiative, strong/efficient business judgment, and creative problem-solver
- Passion, leadership, intelligence, and determination to succeed
- Ability to:
- Lead through influence and create/maintain credibility and positive relationships
- Work well within independent, team, and unstructured environments
- Deliver consistently with priorities changing in a fast paced technology environment
- Influence technical direction, strategy, and resource allocations across multiple groups
- Knowledge of SQL, SaaS and/or Web Technologies
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.