Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks. We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Data Developer leads technical work and projects which enable Home Chef to make more and better data-driven decisions. They are part of our Business Analytics team, which is responsible for creating and maintaining a reporting and analytical data platform for the rest of the organization. The developer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the end to end data “value chain.” This encompasses capturing the right data, designing a data model that fits the needs of our data consumers, and building the analytics on top of that data. They will spend time understanding the data needs and opportunities across the organization and then tackling those by contributing to our codebase. Over time, they will align to a particular area of the organization and become more of a “subject matter expert” for that department within the analytics team.
- Convert business requests to code and frameworks
- Build ingestion, cleaning, and transformation jobs to create a useful integrated data warehouse
- Create processes to ensure data quality and cleanliness throughout pipeline
- Utilize business intelligence tools (such as Looker) to provide business teams with more self-serve reporting and visualization
- Support non-technical teams with more advanced analytics as necessary
- Take manual data processes today and productionalize them as necessary
- Engage across the organization to truly understand data needs and opportunities
- Ensure business teams can effectively utilize our data model and are aware of trade-offs, gotchas, etc.
- Communicate progress and gather feedback on projects with the business
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Experience utilizing SQL required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience querying and transforming data programmatically
- Deep understanding of the various ways business departments utilize data in decision-making
- Comfortable leading discussions with non-technical stakeholders on data topics
- Organized both in terms of work management and written code
- Can effectively problem-solve and get to the root cause when troubleshooting issues
- Extremely detail oriented and discerning when it comes to both the data and code
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here