We are a team based in Chicago. We encourage Open Source contributions, especially with the tools we use. We write solid, easily reproducible, testable code. We don’t release on Fridays. 5thColumn offers company sponsored professional training including bootcamps, courseware, books, and conferences. We offer excellent health, dental and vision insurance.About You:
Ideally, you should have experience in the realm of "big data". We're not sticklers for jargon and buzzwords, but would like a colleauge who’s flexible and able to quickly pick up new tech.
- Background writing in Python, Scala
- Background working with Linux
- Experience SQL
Skills (must have some or all):
- ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/UDP, basic routing, debugging)
- Experience working with message queues (Kafka preferred, any is fine)
- Experience with Config Management software (Ansible preferred, any is fine)
- Data acquisition
- writing crawlers
- interfacing with various apis
- fetching data
- transform it.
- Experince with webservices architecture
- Experience implementing Spark or Hadoop
Nice to haves:
- task schedulers such as Aurora, Marathon, Airflow etc.
- concurrent data pipelining.