Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks. We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Data Engineer II designs, architects, and creates new infrastructure that facilitates the collection, movement, and storage of data from various sources. They are also responsible for troubleshooting and refactoring existing infrastructure. Through all of this, the Engineer is expected to optimize for reliability, simplicity, and ease of maintenance. We are looking for a well-rounded skill set and someone who can work across the spectrum from designing new systems to monitoring existing systems to thinking about team processes.
- Implement data infrastructure changes through code and frameworks
- Monitor performance of our current data infrastructure and push through sustainable fixes/improvements as needed
- Identify areas of opportunity to save time or improve reliability in data processes throughout the organization
- Design optimal pipelines to meet data needs of entire organization
- Update internal team and external stakeholders on status of data infrastructure
- Ensure rest of internal analytics team is aware of tradeoffs and gotchas of current data infrastructure
- Communicate progress and gather feedback on projects with rest of internal analytics team
- Optimize people processes regarding maintenance and upkeep of our infrastructure
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Multiple years of experience working in data engineering or adjacent fields
- High degree of proficiency with Python, SQL, and command line languages
- Deep understanding with the fundamentals of cloud storage and cloud computing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized both in terms of work management and written code
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here