Enova’s hybrid work model allows employees to work in the office T, W, and TH with the option to work from home on Monday and Friday. The health and safety of Enova’s employees is our number one priority and all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be requested regardless of work location, unless prohibited by applicable state law. Employees may request an exemption to the vaccination policy due to medical reasons, sincerely-held religious beliefs, or as otherwise permitted by applicable state law.
About the role:
The Data Services Team effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is high-energy, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space. This role is an opportunity to make a real difference in the data space, and we need confident, experienced people eager to bring in solutions, with a demonstrated ability to learn fast in order to make that happen.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the data needs of Strategy, Product, Compliance, Operations and Analytics teams
- Design and maintain multi-layered SQL and Python processes
- Develop and implement complex Extract Transform Load (ETL) and/or Extract Load Transform (ELT) processes
- Develop data warehouses as needed to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Act diligently to respond to urgent projects and tasks
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in existing databases and reporting
- Collaborate with peers, leadership and the business
- Work as a “full stack” Data Engineer contributing to each phase of the SDLC, building a new pipeline between two data sources or working with the business to design and develop a new dashboard
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by management to support the operation of the business
We're excited about you if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of previous experience in data engineering with a focus on database related technologies
- Understanding of relational database modeling principles and techniques.
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- Experience with AWS is desirable.
- Experience working on ETL or ELT solutions with stakeholders.
- Exposure to various non-relational / NoSQL database management systems.
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
About Data Services:
We live and breathe data at Enova, and without our Data Services or Business Intelligence team, it would be difficult to make sense of the 27 TB (and growing) of on-prem and Cloud-based data we have. Our team members are problem-solvers and action-oriented thinkers who focus on collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to gain insight and value for the company. The team’s top priority is to help the company get even better by leveraging and transforming data to achieve innovative results.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.