Data Engineer II - Software
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications daily. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As a Data Engineer, you will build applications and tooling in support of Vivid Seats Data domain. You will help design and build data-oriented applications and services for both internal use and by our productions systems. You will be responsible for extracting data from multiple disparate sources, data cleansing/wrangling, batch processing and streaming of data feeds, and support the data science team in productionalizing models and analytical code. A software engineering background is preferred, with experience building / working with data and an understanding of modern data tools and trends.
To be successful, you'll need
- Experience building applications and RESTful APIs in production systems (Java or Python)
- ETL Pipeline and tooling experience
- Experience with Big Data/HPC Concepts and Technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, HIVE, Hadoop, or Kafka
- Familiarity with BI Tools such as Looker, Spotfire, or Google Analytics
- Data Storage experience with MySQL, Redshift, Elasticsearch
Additional Experience of Interest
- Predictive Analytics: Machine Learning, Modeling, or Data Mining
- Platform experience using Unix and AWS (ECS, EMR, S3. Route53)
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- Data specific tooling and libraries: Jupyter Notebook, Zeppelin, numpy, pandas
- Data oriented languages such as R and Julia
- CI/CD: Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis
- Data serialization such as JSON, avro, parquet
What We Offer
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606