LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk, and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Data Engineer to join our Information Security & Technology team, who is empowered to design and build pipelines that support key business intelligence and product growth functions. You’re the type of person that is driven to set a vision for how a company should consume data, test and refine assumptions, and partner with various stakeholders to make it a reality.
What you’d achieve
- Help define, evolve our data platform with scale and growth in mind
- Work closely with senior leadership across our Product, Marketing, and Customer teams around data products that will drive our business objectives to the next level through actionable information
- Craft data stack & architecture recommendations and work with various Engineering & InfoSec stakeholders to make it happen, securely
- Maintain efficient and extensible data frameworks to focus and prioritize data consumers
- Set the standard for ELT processes across the organization
What value you’d bring
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and implementing modern data pipelines in AWS or GCP
- You have expertise in developing and maintaining relational database structures and relationships
- You have a solid background partnering with DevOps teams to manage requirements for version-controlled infrastructure and supporting cloud services
- You are comfortable architecting and deploying data orchestrators, preferably Airflow
- You believe in writing great documentation with a desire to educate others on leading data engineering practices
- You are knowledgeable about software engineering practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- You have a familiarity with data quality automation
What we have to offer:
- Time Off
- 16 Days PTO + 8 company holidays + 2 Floating Holidays
- 5 physical/mental health days (sick days)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Work Environment
- Modern office with standing desks (featured in ChicagoInno’s Office Envy Series)
- Weekly catered lunch + kitchen stocked with coffee, seltzer, and snacks
- Flexible hours and Work From Home options
- Personal Space/Mother’s Room
- Flex Rewards
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly funds on Zestful debit card for Fitness, Family, Education or Charity
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We secured $24.75M in Series B Financing in December 2019 to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020
Oh, and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. You’ll have the chance to participate in things like company-led charity involvement, monthly employee events, and regular Friday happy hours—plus a lot more.
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!