ActiveCampaign’s Data Engineering team builds and operates a data ecosystem supporting our internal and external customers. We ingest data from multiple sources such as MySQL, Kafka, S3 and third party APIs and provide a clean, single source of truth from our Snowflake data lake.
As the data engineer, you will work closely with other data engineers and data scientists who own all the data ingestion, transformation, quality and security aspects of our data ecosystem.
This is a great opportunity to work in a SaaS company experiencing hyper-growth, and our data is growing faster than ever. You will build a data ecosystem that can support petabyte-per-day ingestion and processing by 2023 while also sustaining our business by building on past decisions.
What your day could consist of:
- Provide valuable contributions towards building data ecosystem which serves whole organization
- Build scalable, optimized “big data” pipelines
- Own responsibility for building data architecture which enables business intelligence and other teams to consume data efficiently
- Enable data scientists to use quality data sets for further insights
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, meta data, dependency and workload management
- Work with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Build a data lake and data warehouses which enables everyone to consume data effectively
- Promote modern technical standards
What is needed:
- 5+ years of industry experience implementing and delivering data driven solutions
- 3+ years of experience in implementing data driven applications using big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, Data bricks, Mapr, Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience with object oriented, functional scripting languages Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Strong experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Stream processing systems like Spark Streaming, K-SQL
- Experience building data pipelines and orchestrations using tools like Airflow, Oozie
- Experience AWS Cloud services like EC2, EKS, RDS, etc
- Understanding and fostering devOps culture
- Experience with CI/CD techniques and tools
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.