Data Engineer at Millennium Trust Company (Chicago, IL)
MILLENNIUM TRUST COMPANY is a rapidly growing, leading financial services company offering specialized retirement and institutional services. Whether clients are managing corporate retirement assets, running a business, or wanting choice beyond traditional asset options, we provide flexible and digital solutions to support our clients’ success. Ultimately, we aim to educate and increase access to investments to help our clients on their journey to retirement readiness, but do not provide investment advice.
Millennium Trust has experienced year-to-year double digit growth and prides itself on its strong, progressive culture. We have been recognized for our tremendous growth on lists, such as Crain’s Fast 50 and Inc. 5000, and have also been recognized for our positive workplace culture on the 2019 Best Places to Work in Illinois list, as well as the 2019 Model Workplace Award and 2018 Champion for Young Professionals Award from the Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce. Millennium Trust employees live out the values of Do Right, Excel, Collaborate, Innovate and Celebrate and deliver the brand promise of going “Above and Beyond,” so each client experiences the highest level of service.
We are always looking to expand our growing team with dynamic and enthusiastic individuals. If you enjoy a collaborative, fun environment that encourages career development, Millennium Trust is the place for you!
The Data Engineer empowers business leaders to make decisions and drive outcomes. We are a data first enterprise, focused on delivering data assets to several clients – internal & external to our company. This role will engage with Business leaders, Analysts, Data Stewards, Application & Technology Architects, and third-party providers. The candidate will work to enhance data consistency, quality, accessibility, coherency & analysis; improve functionality and streamline data processes. Provide direct support to the business & operational teams, supporting data needs and strengthen targeted business strategies. The candidate will also work closely with the Business, Operations & Technology areas to help in the development of the Data Warehouse, Data Marts & Business Intelligence Tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate the development of logical data models and physical database designs optimized for performance, availability, and reliability.
- Work with the Database Architect to help design and manage the Enterprise data model which spans internal systems, as well as, external third-party processing systems for the collective benefit of Marketing, Operations, Sales and Executive teams.
- Help design and implement OLAP databases & associated reporting.
- Work with Cloud databases such as Azure SQL
- Proficient in Data Reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau
- Highly experienced with Transact-SQL, designing stored procedures, functions & triggers
- Help develop the data warehouse / Business Intelligence strategy ensuring rapid delivery while taking responsibility for applying standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Json, AWS kinesis, AZURE pipeline tool
- Support the data governance initiatives, and drive efforts in defining data standards, designing classification taxonomies, developing data management processes, ensuring proper meta-data management.
- Support the collection, maintenance and analysis of data using various internet and database search tools.
- Support manual and automated data clean-up.
- Demonstrates an understanding of data points needed to provide insights to support strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal business units, such as, marketing and operations.
- Help track and provide metrics, status updates and reports for data-related projects.
- Collaborate with database architect and IT team members on project goals.
- Performs additional duties as may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, or applied mathematics.
- At least 5 years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, optimization, and data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks.
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of IT skills, data governance skills, analytics skills, and knowledge of the Financial Services Industry.
- Ensure that the data users and consumers use the data provisioned to them responsibly through data governance and compliance initiatives.
- Work with data governance teams and participate in vetting and promoting content created in the business and by data stewards to the curated data catalog.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues.
- Ability to approach data organization challenges while keeping an eye on what is important.
- Technical experience with databases/data management, Salesforce.com or another CRM tool.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Strong experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as R, Python, or others.
- Strong ability to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, and workload management. The ability to work with both IT and business in integrating analytics and data science output into business processes and workflows.
- Strong experience with SQL programming languages.
- Strong experience with PowerBI, SSRS.
- Strong experience in working with and optimizing existing ETL processes and data integration and data preparation flows and helping to move them in production.
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Capable of respectful, strong working relationships with business units from non-technical users to technical leads on projects to developers.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to effectively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and take initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; positive attitude; ability to work as team member.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience in a high availability environment preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM Foundational practices and framework.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of DevOps, JIRA, Confluence
- Technical certifications a plus.
- Strong Vendor management skills.
- Infrequent travel; may need own transportation from time to time.
- Ability to work occasional overtime and weekends.
- Successful completion of background check.