Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for software engineers to build and maintain new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Develop data ingestion and processing engines to support a data warehouse.
- Collaborate with data scientists and data analysts to create data solutions to facilitate real-time business metrics and to prevent fraud.
- Create data security mechanisms to protect consumer privacy.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering development roles.
- Hands on experience with multiple SQL and non-SQL databases.
- Proficient with ETL processes and tools.
- Experience with AWS data services such as RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue, S3.
- Good understanding of data security best practices.
- You have pride in your work and you strive to meaningfully contribute to a team.
- You are a quick learner, desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and thrive in ambiguity.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.