Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant is looking for Data Services Engineers at all levels to help us build a robust and scalable data platform to support ETL, reporting, and data analysis as our business scales. We use cutting-edge technologies like Spark, NiFi, and Presto to deliver high-quality data to analysts, data scientists, and partners.
We’re looking for an engineer that takes ownership in their work, has a strong focus on quality, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Build data ingestion pipelines for various data sources including Postgres, SQLServer, and REST APIs
- Participate in design and architecture planning for our infrastructure and code
- Develop features to support dynamic ETL, automated data quality validation, and data delivery
- Work with Data Management to build data pipelines in Spark
- Automate operational data tasks
- Perform periodic on-call duties
- 2+ years of data engineering or backend development experience in Python
- Experience with technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, NiFi, and Luigi
- AWS experience preferred
- Data modeling experience preferred
- Scala or Java experience preferred
Why you are a fit for Avant
- You’re a pragmatic engineer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
- You have a passion for data and empowering business with it
- You are excited about evaluating and automating new technologies
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving our user’s experiences
- You have strong knowledge of Software Engineering & Data fundamentals as well as DevOps best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description