Cameo has reinvented the autograph - Cameos are the best way to book video shout outs from your favorite reality stars, athletes, musicians, actors, actresses, and more.
Did we mention that we’re also one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups? We’re looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help take Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience growth from its earliest days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the future of Cameo.
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the Role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing data team’s needs securely and performantly.
As a data engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies, primarily our data infrastructure (AWS redshift, AWS Lambda, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Tableau), backend API (node.js + express), database (mongoDB), and infrastructure (Heroku + Redis + AWS + Atlas).
About the role:
- Design and implement data schemas, real-time pipelines, and batch processing jobs to support analytical modeling and reporting needs
- Work with stakeholders to develop data expertise and resolve upstream issues relating to data quality
- Define best practices and design for the management of data
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build and maintain internal data processing and visualization tools
- Translate requests into replicable analytic reports using varying applications
- Create tools to serve data such as APIs and packages
- You will help drive a Data mindset and culture across the company
A few things about yourself:
- 2+ years experience working as a data engineer, in particular data pipelines and SQL dbs
- 1+ years experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or Elasticsearch preferred)
- 3+ years experience with programming languages (Python, Java, R, and/or Scala preferred)
- Familiarity with a variety of data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hadoop)
- Excellent communication skills, including a knack for clear documentation
- Experience managing data transformation processes and making data available through service applications and databases.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience working with Redshift, Postgres, Airflow, Docker
- Experience supporting product analytics, with an emphasis on web/mobile applications
- Some experience with frontend web-development
- Experience defining and implementing APIs
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.