Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a diligent Data Engineer. Is it you?
A data-driven worker, you can design and build the data pipelines that will enable faster—and more accurate—data-informed recommendations, both inside and outside the Evive platform. You thrive when designing and building services that collect, compile, normalize, and analyze data assets coming from multiple sources. You understand good API design, and are diligent about data security.
Here’s what a Data Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Collect, store, process, and analyze raw and/or complex data from multiple sources
- Recommend ways to apply the data, choose and design optimal data solutions, and build data-processing systems using expertise in data lake solutions and the latest database technologies
- Monitor and maintain data quality, report on results, investigate problems, and take ownership to fix issues
- Participate in designing data pipeline architectures and data storage strategies that meet business requirements
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in data, collaborating with business owners or external clients to establish an analysis plan that answers key business questions and delivers reporting results and insights
You bring a lot to the table.
- We’re looking for multiple data engineers, ranging from 1-2 years of experience to senior data engineers with 5+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology-related field—or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience as a data engineer for a SaaS company
- Experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong coding skills; Python and/or Java preferred
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud services is a must
- Experience in using CI/CD tooling with Jenkins, Azure DevOps, or similar technologies
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with serverless technologies, such as Lambda, is a plus
- Experience with configuration-management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef preferred
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.