Kin + Carta is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our growing capabilities team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and look to continually learn and enjoy sharing expertise, read on!
What You Will be Doing
- Designing, Migrating, Building, and Testing large scale data processing architectures
- Building enterprise applications on the cloud (Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS) and technologies such as BigQuery, Synapse Analytics, AutoML, Google Data Studio, PowerBI, or QuickSight
- Improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Working with designers to help visualize data to provide insights to end-users
- Performing ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the business’s SQL databases and writing scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Interfacing with our clients and providing technical recommendations
- Evaluating emerging cross-platform frameworks and enterprise application platforms
- Bridging between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise back end architectures
- Collaborating with experienced data engineers, data scientists, and data architects to foster personal and team growth
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Microsoft SQL, Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Looker, Tableau, or PowerBi
- Experience with Azure, GCP, and/or AWS
- Experience with designing data models and ETL
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores as well as tools like Storm and Spark Streaming
- Experience with big data tools like BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or Elasticsearch
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- You have a strong passion for building innovative and intelligent solutions around data
- Strong background in Java and/or .NET, knowledge with Kotlin and Scala is a huge plus
- Familiar with Microservice design patterns including Serverless and BFF
- Experience designing, building, integrating and testing with RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing and implementing scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning to be applied across the business
- Ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Certifications in Google (Professional Data Engineer) or Microsoft (Azure Data Engineer Associate, Azure AI Engineer Associate) are preferred
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.