C-K (Cramer-Krasselt) is one of the largest independent, totally integrated agencies in the country with over $700 million in billings, almost $400 million in media assets under management and 61% of revenue from digital.
With a mission to Make Friends, Not Ads®, C-K has built a reputation for changing perception and behaviors that lead to purchasing action for brands. It’s how we helped Porsche achieve seven years of consecutive record-breaking growth, how Corona became the #1 import and Pacifico grew 19% in a single year.
We’ve done it by interconnecting an ever-expanding range of disciplines from strategic branding to digital, social, analytics, media/programmatic, SEM, PR, UX and more.
Major brands include Benihana, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (Knott’s Berry Farm, Cedar Point and nine others), Corona Extra, Edward Jones, Kroger Divisions, Nikon, Pacifico Beer and Porsche.
About C-K Chicago
Chicago’s independent spirit makes it the perfect headquarters for C-K, one of the nation’s oldest and largest independent agencies. C-K’s Chicago office, located just off the Magnificent Mile, is full of native Midwesterners and transplants alike that are united in the values of hard work and collaboration.
Our experts here have backgrounds spanning every marketing, advertising and communications discipline across all categories imaginable. C-K Chicago is a hub of innovation and the nerve center of the agency.
We also apply our work ethic to the community. Our flagship charity in the Chicago office is Off the Street Club (OTSC), the oldest boys and girls club in the city. Throughout the year we participate in the planning and execution of several key OTSC fundraising events such as Swing for the Kids, The Firefly Ball, Summer Bake Sale and Holiday Luncheon. We also participate in the Battle for Hope, the Chicago-area advertising agency battle of the bands. In 2015, our house band, the Angry Pickles, won the Battle for Hope and helped raise thousands for OTSC in the process.
Data Engineer Summary
The Data Engineer will work with internal clients to help develop and automate agency analytics tasks. The candidate should be comfortable exploring, recommending and building solutions for extracting, transforming, and loading data from various disparate sources (APIs, databases, flat files, etc.) A successful Data Engineer will partner with data scientists and analyst teams to develop data pipelines and data products that address agency needs.
Major Tasks / Responsibilities
- Build, test, and maintain architecture, including databases and data processing.
- Influence the direction of analytics product development at the agency.
- Develop systems and tools that improve consumption and understanding of data.
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists and solution architects to understand data needs and arrive at broader implementation requirements.
- Define and manage SLA for data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Identify, triage, and resolve data pipeline, infrastructure, other potential challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or math or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working with a data warehouse.
- 3+ years of experience working with different data pipeline/processing infrastructure (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, proprietary).
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining ETL data pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience working with RDBMS, normalized data modeling.
- 3+ years of experience identifying, triaging, and resolving data pipeline, infrastructure, and other potential challenges.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment and work on a broad project/pipeline base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities.
- Very comfortable working within Linux command-line and Linux servers.
- Strong familiarity with at least one of: Python, Ruby, Scala, Go.
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented software development concepts.
- Strong SQL query writing and query efficiency evaluation skills.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to communicate technical ideas, solutions, and issues with technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with data visualization software (Tableau).
- Familiarity with NoSQL.