Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for Data Engineers at all levels to help us build a robust and scalable data platform to support ETL, reporting, and data analysis as our business scales. We use cutting-edge technologies like Spark, NiFi, and Presto to deliver high-quality data to analysts, data scientists, and partners. We’re looking for an engineer that takes ownership in their work, has a strong focus on quality, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
What you might own at Amount:
- Build data ingestion pipelines for various data sources including Postgres, SQLServer, and REST APIs
- Participate in design and architecture planning for our infrastructure and code
- Develop features to support dynamic ETL, automated data quality validation, and data delivery
- Work with Data Management to build data pipelines in Spark
- Automate operational data tasks
- Perform periodic on-call duties
- 3+ years of data engineering or backend development experience in Python
- Experience with technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, NiFi, and Luigi
- AWS experience preferred
- Data modeling experience preferred
- Scala or Java experience preferred
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- You’re a pragmatic engineer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Amount
- You have a passion for data and empowering business with it
- You are excited about evaluating and automating new technologies
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving our user’s experiences
- You have strong knowledge of Software Engineering & Data fundamentals as well as DevOps best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!
Read Full Job Description