Data Engineer at SPINS LLC
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
The SPINS Product and Technology teams include product development for internal and client-facing applications, data operations, data sourcing, master data, data science, custom reporting, design, engineering, data content quality and compliance. This position reports to the Manager of Data and Software Quality and will work on projects specific to Quality Assurance but may cross multiple teams within the SPINS Product and Technology division.
- Develop and deploy applications for internal use, primarily within quality and operations teams.
- Strong emphasis on data pipeline automation for continuous data quality audits and alerts
- Pair with (XP) and share best practices with engineering and quality teams.
- Add to our collection of Jupyter notebooks to use for data quality testing.
- Improve our current quality processes by finding new ways to automate manual tasks.
What You Bring
- Demonstrate competence with large structured data sets, both relational and JSON
- High degree of proficiency with SQL including databases & cloud data stores
- Experience with cloud-hosted data stores, databases, and other data serving layers
- Ability to work with fast-moving Agile or XP software development teams
- Willing to learn and to use a variety of tools and languages to get the job done
- Python required; unix is a given; other tools we use are Jupyter, node.js & GraphQL
We’re even more impressed if you bring along your:
- Ability to work effectively without constant supervision and as a team player
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions quickly
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.