DialogTech provides the leading AI-driven conversation intelligence platform for marketers at businesses that value inbound phone calls. When consumers call, DialogTech turns those conversations into actionable insights that businesses use to improve marketing ROI, increase sales conversions, and deliver more personalized customer experiences, both online and over the phone. Recognized as the leader and pioneer in call analytics since 2007, DialogTech is the trusted conversation intelligence platform for many of the world's most successful brands and agencies.
DialogTech is a venture funded, growth stage, digital marketing technology company with over 4,000 customers and 200 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300% growth in its enterprise customer base and doubled its average customer size.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented Data Engineer to join our Data Science and Analytics team. In this role, you’ll work with our team to design, implement, and optimize our data lake and data pipelines. At DialogTech, we have a mixture of structured and unstructured data -- the DialogTech platform handles over 1 million calls/day and produces over 10 millions minutes of transcriptions per month, and our data labeling team generates over 600 thousand data labels per year. As a Data Engineer, you’ll be focused on building data pipelines and tools to help us scale up our labeling and modeling practices. You'll be expected to keep up with current trends in technologies that can be used to improve our data focused systems.
As a member of our team you’ll:
- Design, implement, test, and maintain optimal data ingestion and machine learning model delivery pipelines.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of our data lake and data pipelines.
- Leverage AWS to build and maintain the infrastructure required to ingest data into our data lake from various SQL and no-SQL datastores
- Work with both structured and unstructured data from our platform.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and support internal data-related needs.
- Work within a collaborative, team-driven environment.
- Experiment, evaluate, and recommend new technologies and new approaches that are appropriate for our business needs.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Data Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Python.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases.
- Experience with large, complex datasets, including both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience building highly scalable data processing pipelines in AWS or another major cloud computing platform.
- A close attention to detail in all aspects of your work.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other document data stores.
- Experience with Digital Marketing domain, Google Analytics, Adwords, etc.
- Experience with either front-end development and/or data visualization.
- Experience with API design and development (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker
- Experience with Apache airflow, mlflow, or similar workflow management system.
- Experience working with Apache Hadoop
Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 10 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description