Data Engineer at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
As a Data Engineer...
As a data engineer within Farmer’s Fridge’s data engineering team, you will be responsible for helping build out a scalable foundational data platform that will serve the diverse reporting, analytic and decision-making needs of the company. You will be working on a cloud-native, real-time and event-driven architecture with a strong focus on decoupled storage and compute. The foundation that you build will be instrumental in solving our most pressing needs as a business.
In a typical week, you will…
- Code, architect, and develop the foundational data platform according to best practices to ensure a scalable and resilient real-time data platform that caters to multiple personas
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how they use data and what they need from data to ensure that what we are building is closely tied to tangible business objectives
- Work on data quality, data operations, and resolving tech debt to continuously improve the platform
- Pursue professional development and keep up to date on the latest data engineering best practices for personal growth
What your background may look like…
- AWS expertise with services like Redshift, Aurora, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Glue
- Strong programming ability with Python, Scala, or Java
- Experience with iaaC such as terraform or cloudformation
- Experience with SQL and unix scripting
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks such as Spark or Flink
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosure