Data Engineering Architect
Data Engineering Architect
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Data Scientist to join and help build our emerging Advanced Analytics practice in the Chicago office. We’re looking for you to be a thought-leader building solutions for clients from the ground up on a daily basis. You will be engaging in developing and marketing analytics platforms-as-as-service solutions and collaborating with our client analytics SMEs and implementing predictive models in a variety of industries.
* MS or Bachelor with equivalent experience required in related Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or similar quantitative degree. PhD a plus
* A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in a quantitative analysis/data analytics, managing and/or coaching one or more analysts
* Experience working with relational databases, such as SQL
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
* Solid project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
* Present experience or proficiency with data related projects
* Proficient analytical, problem solving and quality delivery experience, preferable 3-5 projects and programs with Fortune 200.
* Ability to travel minimum 50%.
* Proven expertise with advanced analytics and data mining tools and programming languages such as SAS, IBM/SPSS, R, Python, and SQL
* Familiarity with BI/data visualization tools such as Tableau and Qlikview
* Hands-on experience with multivariate analytic techniques such as linear and logistic regression, decision tree, cluster and factor analysis, time-series forecasting methods, SVM models, and neural nets.
* NoSQL a plus: HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, Mongo, Neo4j, etc.
* Experience with ETL, data warehouse and reporting a plus
* Experience with MapReduce: Hadoop, Hive, PIG, Mahout, etc. is a plus
* Engage in developing and marketing analytics platforms-as-a-service solutions
* Collaborate with top leadership within the various practices to develop applicable client projects
* Contribute to the development/enhancement of WMP’s advanced analytics methodologies, best practices, and approaches to client delivery.
* Contribute to growth of knowledge in service line through training and KTS sessions
* Complete case studies for all engagements
* Develop talented individuals who are delivering client work
* Attract talent to continue to build the practice from top tier analytics firms and or schools
* Oversee advanced analytics work for quality assurance
* Be a thought-leader in providing solutions to clients on a daily basis
* Able to engage with client analytics SMEs to collaborate
* Lead engagements or the analytics portion of engagements by communicating and reporting project status to key client stakeholders, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
* Make decisions regarding aspects of project, including tools, approach and methodology
* Define detailed responsibilities, work tasks and targets for each team member according to the technical work plan
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Assess stakeholder interests and plan and execute strategies to address their needs while quickly responding to client requests for immediate issues and driving projects to completion.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.