Data Governance Analyst at SPINS LLC
Who we are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do
As a key member of the Data Governance team, you will be responsible for assisting customers with data related inquires so they can gain maximum value from SPINS solutions. This role works cross-functionally educating our internal customers by creating and enhancing documentation for self-service support.
- Operate as the point of contact (or primary interface) for any day-to-day customer questions regarding point-of-sale data, metadata, and measurements
- Maintain, review, and validate metadata
- Assist in data management, governance, and data quality of master data
- Manage data catalogs and glossaries
- Develop and deliver educational materials for cross-functional business users and external customers
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis
What You Bring
While your talent and experience matter most, we have to mention these qualifications matter to us:
- 2+ years of experience with a CPG company, consulting, market research, or syndicated data firm
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related quantitative field of study
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g., SQL, Python, R)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, adhering to deadlines
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions, working proactively to problem solve and take initiative
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical material to non-technical audiences
We’re even more impressed if you bring along your:
- Exposure to Issue Tracking Software (e.g., JIRA, Zendesk)
- Exposure to metadata management
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.