Data Ingestion Engineer
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The SPINS team for Retailer Data Production operates the data pipelines and produces data for our client-facing reporting applications. In this position as a data ingestion engineer, you will work with new retailer clients as they begin to send their data to SPINS and as they transition to continuous data feeds. You will work with other teams at SPINS such as business development, application security, and client support as these clients move into long-term relationships with SPINS.
The day to day responsibilities focus on direct conversations with clients, and with handling data sets, data ingestion tools, and data quality procedures. Success is measured by the client’s engagement, cooperation and ongoing participation with SPINS.
- Clearly communicate to clients and to SPINS teams regarding technical data requirements and procedures.
- Calmly and confidently speak to clients with a wide range of technical abilities, as you help them master the complexity of correct data handling and of automation.
- Hands-on data ingestion, data quality checks, and data transfers with a variety of tools.
- Show respect as you work with all levels of client stakeholders from technicians to single store owner-operators and to executives of larger retailers.
- Manage internal and external expectations. Escalate problems appropriately. Ensure that challenges and progress are visible to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members who run data pipelines (ETL) with retailer data
- Manage master data (trusted authority) for retailers, stores, and data formats
- Measure and report on data quality during onboarding
- Competently use Excel, Salesforce (CRM), JIRA (tickets), Confluence (wiki)
What You Bring
While your talent and experience matters most, we have to mention these qualifications matter to us:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with direct client communications
- Ability to handle data well using SQL, Excel, Databases and other tools
- Effective time management in a fast-paced environment with daily deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools quickly
We’re even more impressed if you bring along your:
- Understanding of Linux command-line tools and Python for data handling
- Experience working with data in cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS or Azure
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.