Data Integration Analyst
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
As a Data Integration Analyst, you’ll be responsible for ensuring successful implementations and supporting the ongoing data exchanges required to successfully serve our customers and partners. To do this, you’ll work closely with a number of teams across HealthJoy, including Implementation, Customer Success, Engineering and Product.
You will organize, process and support our rapidly growing customer base. You’ll be ensuring that client data is reviewed, uploaded and processed in a timely and accurate manner, while also identifying ways that we can improve our processes and ourselves.
How you’ll contribute
- Understand and execute on the process for building, testing, and consuming benefit feeds from carriers for HealthJoy’s clients
- Configure HealthJoy's systems to extract, translate and load various types of data
- Oversee all file loads, while testing to ensure accuracy of client requirements
- Investigate and resolve issues that are critical to HealthJoy's success
- Maintain data connections related to eligibility and claims by collaborating with customers and external vendors such as benefits admin platforms, TPAs and insurance carriers
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships across functional areas to promote collaboration, teamwork, and organizational alignment to include sharing of best practices
- Analyze and digest business and technical data requirements as provided by multiple sources
- Analyze and develop mapping and translations between the data elements in HealthJoy
- Manage towards test plans, ensuring a smooth data exchange process end-to-end
- Represent the Data Integrations team on internal and external meetings
- Coordinate and test export files and processes with clients and external vendors
- Manage towards project plans and timelines based on assigned priorities
- 0-3 years of data interpretation and analysis experience
- Experience with databases as well interpretation and manipulation of related data
- SQL and/or ETL experience preferred
- Knowledge of Health and Welfare benefits and/or implementation is preferred, especially experience with benefit eligibility data
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems; detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and follow through
- Empathetic to the urgency and accuracy required in our industry (and the balance between the two)
- Intense curiosity and the initiative to execute
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution + dental and vision
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Stock options
- Pre-Taxed Transit
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.